Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Direction of Launch+

Okay, I'm going to talk about this, because firstly, I think things are spiralling out of control as far as admissions are concerned. And secondly, we're losing the camaraderie we once had.

Lets look at the situation at hand,

A) We've got a whole bunch of people in the clan who most of us don't know. We let them in because they have the skills, but we have NO idea about their personality, whether we can click with them or not.

B) We seem to be on this mad quest to just keep adding skilled people. So who are we going to add next? The whole of korea, if we have the chance?

-----

Let's face it, it's not the skill we're so concerned about. At the higher levels, everyone has a certain standard. I can't really explain what the guidelines for joining Launch+ should be, but I know what the guidelines should NOT be.

And that is "hey can i join?", "Lets see your vids", "wow you're pretty good, you won X tournament, welcome aboard". wth is this?



-----

Catfish, and the Malaysian players are perfect examples of International players that we WANT in Launch+. Really nice guys, with really mad skills. In fact, maybe it's more than just being a nice guy, they are homies, we can chill with them.

DesChobo is another perfect example of a desired International player. We all LOVE Des, and he's an amazing player, with an amazing history behind him.

-----

I'm not going to talk about the people that I don't know, Evade tells me that Mr Kula, the Australian players and NZ players are really cool people so that's fine, because I trust him.

No idea about any of the US players. =P

But yeah, essentially, If I can make a point out of all the nonsense I just typed..

A) We have to LIKE you.

B) We have to respect your skills.

-----

Concluding, I want to say (sei, sei!) that I love the idea of Launch+, but we should consider a big upheaval and clan reevaluation.

I think we'll be having a some new trial examinations for all the current players.

No comments: