Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And it begins...

Whats up, people?

Since we're such a cool clan, I made this blog so that anytime you want you can just write about your tekken experiences or whatever times you had in the arcade. Or you can just reminisce about enjoyable memories.

Just some nice things i remember about TKSG.

We organized 3-4 tournies which I think were pretty successful. We maintained a cool website with our own movies. We made a hella lot of international friends in the short 2-3 year period of playing together. Rocked so many bastards in TTT and T4 it's amazing. We must have wasted hundreds of their dollars, it was great hahah.

It's amazing that going to the arcade taught me so much about life, human nature. I learnt so many lessons..

1. Restraint. Learnt to control myself when i keep losing... to suck it up and just go home without staying to prove that I can win. Really hard lesson, sometimes i just wanted to show i could win when i lost and I end up spending more than i wanted to.

2. Where winning isn't the most important thing. I take losses in my stride now. It doesn't hurt my ego as much as it used to. I remember using and practising mishimas really hard, and since they were top tier I felt obligated to win every match. When I lost, I felt the shame of defeat with double the weight. It's a great maturing process. Now when I lose, I don't really mind. I've learnt to ignore all these stupid thoughts about comparing and contrasting my ability with top players. In the end, making friends was the most important.

3. Social skills. I think i went up to more players to say hi than i can remember. This was when I just started out in the arcade. I made it a point to be friendly (now i'm just lazy la lol). It opened up a new world for me, since i used to be an introverted guy.

4. Improving my mind games. I took cedric's lessons to heart. I never knew how much a game of minds tekken was until i really analysed how each bastard operated. When I could understand "patterns", things got so much easier. "The day you become predictable is the day you are DEAD", a great quote by the famous Tiger'sEye. I tend to fall into patterns myself nowadays... but they are winning patterns. =D

I think i wrote enough, but you get the gist of where I'm coming from. I don't play T5. I am a TTT player. Tekken holds great memories for me. Write down your experiences here! So one day, when we look back at this time in our lives, we'll smile. =)

Peace out,
[TKSG] Ryu

No comments: