Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Day @ Suntec


Playing T4 - 1
Originally uploaded by Wiggle_City.
I think I should just post all my tekken happenings here instead of the thread on TZ.

I already wrote about spending the time there to practise throw breaking.. and playing some people on T5.

Here's an interesting thing that happened after all that. As I was getting up to leave, I glanced at the T5 machine and saw someone on it. Curiously I had a closer look.. it was this guy doing Kaz u/f+4,4,4,4 on the com. I figured "hey, this guy must be really new, I think It'd be cool If I tried being friendly and maybe intro'ed him more to the game". So I hung around behind him for a short while, having abit of mixed feelings, not knowing how he would react, but in the end i just whacked.

It was some foreign worker kind of guy. Like from myanmar or around there and immediately i thought "Shit, what if he doesn't even speak english".. but i persisted and asked him if he was new to the game (like duh Nik). He could speak a little bit, so I immediately taught him the d/f+2 gut punch. Firstly, he gripped the stick wrong, and was having problems getting it out from tthe standing position (because he kept ducking and WS moves came out). Gawd, this was a failure of human interaction, I thought. But I continued anyway, trying to teach him the CH df+2, 3,1 df+1,2 combo.

LOL, anyway I went away feeling a frendlier human being at the least. It really reminded me of the times I was so enthu about saying hi to people. I remember getting to know Jimmy, just sit next to him and go "wahhhhhh" until it was annoying lol. When i went to KL to meet the tekken players there, i made sure to get to know everyone there. It really pays to be friendly i've found out.. I should get back to those ways again, i made friends so fast. Perhaps army jaded me, but I'm not gonna let that hold me back man hahah I'm changing a new leaf now

Looking forward to the tekken outing on sunday... will bring back photos

PEACE
[TKSG] Ryu

1 comment:

alkanphel said...

Aiyah you wanna see girls goto http://www.sggirls.com/ lah